Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC – 2004
- Vine Age: 25 years
- Soil: Dark, clayey and fertile with a high content of gravel, deep and drought-resistant
- Density: 3,000 vines/hectare (1,214 vines/acre)
- Training: ‘Double Pergola’, 18 buds per vine, green cover crop between rows
- Harvest Date(s): Mid-September
- Yields: 30 hl/ha (3.03 tons/acre)
Dry, destemmed grapes were crushed and pressed in January. Fermentation was at a controlled temperature of 24 degrees Celsius (75 degrees Fahrenheit). Extended maceration was for 25 days with daily pump overs. Malolactic fermentation took place. The wine was aged 24 months in oak barriques and 12 months in bottle before being released.
- Varietal Composition: 60% Corvina, 20% Corvinone, 15% Rondinella, 5% Croatina
- Alcohol: 16.2%
- TA: 6g/L
- p H: 3.5
- RS: 7g/L
Dark ruby-red color with garnet shades. Intense and elegant aromas of ripe fruit, raisins and spices with vanilla, tobacco, cocoa and anise. Warm, persistent flavors, velvety and harmonious. This is a wine for meditation; a leading actor. It is traditionally paired with game, char-grilled beef, stews, braised meats and mature cheeses; however, the smoothness of its dry fruit flavors allows for a modern and audicious pairing …enjoy it with raw prawns! Serve at 18 degrees Celsius (65 degrees Fahrenheit). Open two hours before serving.