Amarone della Valpolicella Classico Riserva DOCG “Teste Dure” — 2015
- Vineyards: Sant'Ambrogio
- Vine Age: 15 years
- Soil: Dark, clayey and fertile with a high content of gravel, deep and drought resistant.
- Density: 5,000 vines per hectare, 8 buds per vine. Green cover between the rows
- Training: Guyot
- Yields: 15 hl/ha
Manual crushing and pressing of de-stemmed dry grapes in January. Fermentation and maceration of the must for 35 days, with daily pumpingover. Malolactic fermentation.
- Aging: The wine is aged in tonneaux for 6 months and in amphora for the following 24 months. It is then left to mature for at least further 18 months in the bottle before sale.
- Varietal Composition: 60% Corvina, 15% Corvinone, 10% Rondinella, 10% Oseleta, 5% Croatina
- Alcohol: 17.3%
- TA: 5.3 g/l
- p H: 3.5
- RS: 3.3 g/l
Dark ruby red color, with garnet shades. The ancient art of aging in amphora enhances the aromas of cherry and blackberry; spicy note of white pepper, with hints of vanilla and roasted coffee. Full, enveloping and velvety taste.
Serving Temperature: Approximately 18°C. Uncork at least 4 hours before drinking or pour it into a decanter for 1 hour and then flow it back into the bottle before serving.
- Serving Suggestions: Game, mature cheeses. Try it with with Bitter Chocolate 85%. Also ideal as “meditation wine."