Il Narcisista Recioto della Valpolicella Classico DOC – 2019
- Vineyards: Sant’Ambrogio
- Size: 18 hectares (44.5 acres)
- Vine Age: 15 years
- Soil: Dark, clayey and fertile with a high content of gravel, deep and drought resistant
- Elevation: 151 meters (495 feet)
- Density: 5,000 vines/hectare (2,023 vines/acre)
- Training: Guyot, 8 buds/vine, green cover crop between rows
- Harvest Date(s): Manual, of selected bunches, at the end of September. Slow grape withering in the drying room until mid- February.
Crushing and pressing of de-stemmed dry grapes in February.Fermentation at a controlled temperature of 16 C. Maceration of the must for 20 days in contact with the skins, with daily pumping-over. Malolactic fermentation.
- Malolactic: Malolactic fermentation
- Aging: Aged in tonneaux for 12 months and then a further 6 months in steel tanks. It is then left to mature for at least 6 months in the bottle before sale.
- Varietal Composition: 60% Corvina, 20% Corvinone, 10% Rondinella, 10% Croatina
- Alcohol: 13.9%
- TA: 7.7 g/L
- p H: 3.5
- RS: 97 g/L
Dark ruby red colour. Intense and elegant aromas of ripe fruit, raisins, black Cherries and plums in alcohol; spicy scents of cocoa, vanilla and tobacco. Sweet and warm aroma, velvety and round.