Valpolicella Classico Superiore DOC l’Imperfetto – 2018
- Vineyards: Sant’Ambrogio
- Vine Age: 27 years
- Soil: Dark, clayey and fertile with a high content of gravel, deep and drought resistant.
- Elevation: 151m slm
- Density: 3,000 vines/hectare (1,214 vines/acre)
- Training: ‘Double Pergola’, with 3,000 vines per hectare, 18 buds per vine, green cover crop between rows
- Yields: 50 hl/ha
Crushing and pressing of de-stemmed grapes. Fermentation at a controlled temperature of 28 C (82 F). The must obtained in September from freshly-vinified grapes, macerates in contact with the skins for 10 days; the must obtained in November from dry ones, remains in contact with the skins for 20 days. The two wines are then assembled together. Malolactic fermentation.
- Aging: In tonneaux and 50hl casks for 6-8 months, followed by 9 months in bottle.
- Varietal Composition: 50% Corvina, 20% Corvinone, 25% Rondinella, 5% Croatina
- Alcohol: 14%
- TA: 5.5 g/L
- p H: 3.4
- RS: 2.0 g/L
Particular note of ripe fruit in a dry and intense wine, which cuddles and fills the mouth. Deep ruby red in color. Distinct and elegant aroma of ripe red fruit and black cherry, with scents of spices and vanilla. Round in the mouth, velvety and harmonic.
- Serving Suggestions: Tasty pasta and rice dishes, with true and porcini mushrooms. Chargrilled and roasted beef, lamb and medium/mature cheeses.