Provence, France

1204 Rosé AOP Côtes de Provence – 2019

download facts sheet Download tasting notes where to buy
  • Introduction

    • Produced for the first time in 2015 to pay tribute to the first historical mention of the estate in a medieval parchment, 811 years ago. This limited-production blend displays all the complexity of the rosé terroirs of the domaine, exclusively from old vines. Each plot used in its production has been carefully selected on the basis of its individual character.

  • Vineyard Profile

    • Soil: Clay and limestone soil dating from the Triassic period of the Mesozoic era. The plots began organic conversion in 2019.
  • Vinification

    • The grapes from each plot have been vinified separately in small-capacity vats.

    • Fermentation: Fermentation in stainless steel vats at controlled temperatures.
    • Aging: This wine is 60% aged in 3 times used barrels for 10 months; the remaining 40% is aged only in stainless steel vats for 10 months with regular stirring for 3 months and undergoes partial malolactic fermentation.
  • Technical Information

    • Varietal Composition: Cinsault, Mourvèdre, Grenache
  • Tasting Notes

    • Very pale pink in color with pearly reflections. The nose reveals powerful aromas of well-ripened yellow, white and red fruits combining sweet spices, exotic wood notes, and an almost chalky sweetness. The palate is voluminous, enveloping and delicate. A beautiful length accentuates the creamy character of the wood and measured acidity.

    • Serving Suggestions: Versatile enough to enjoy with braised fish enhanced with a hint of fennel or a platter of lamb chops.