Secret del Priorat, DOQ Priorat — 2019
- Appellation: DOQ Priorat
- Composition: Garnacha, Cariñena, Cabernet sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah
- Soil: Shallow soils developed over Carboniferous slate (Paleozoic) that drain swiftly and have a low water holding capacity. Arranged along steep slopes, these soils are responsible for the typicity of Priorat wines.
In general, 2019 was a rather dry year, although some rainfall during the growth season contributed to good vegetative growth in the vineyard. The summers were not particuraly hot, with temperatures were within normal range, with slightly higher-than-average lows.
- Fermentation: Maceration and alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel tanks
- Maceration: 10-12 days maceration
- Aging: 12 months in second-use French oak
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- TA: 5.7 g/L
- p H: 3.38
- RS: 0.7 g/L
Deep, opaque cherry red color. Impressive fruit intensity (blueberries, black forest fruit) with spicy black pepper notes and an elegant mineral nuance characteristic of the terroir. Flavorful, rich, and complex on the palate, graced with velvety, fleshy tannins that are so ripe they leave aromatic echoes of dried figs and dates. A potent wine with good length and personality.