25 Anni, Montefalco Sagrantino DOCG – 2005
25 Anni is the result of in-depth research and careful clonal selection of Sagrantino’s best grapes. This jubilee wine was produced for the first time in 1993 to celebrate the winery’s 25th anniversary. Since then, 25 Anni has kept its name as well as its unique character, power and elegance.
- Appellation: Montefalco Sagrantino DOCG
- Soil: Limestone, clay
- Elevation: 1213 feet (370 meters)
- Density: 2,430-3,240 vines/acre
- Training: Spurred cordon
- Aging: 24 months in 100% French oak barriques; minimum 8 months aging in bottle
- Varietal Composition: 100% Sagrantino
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- TA: 5.36g/L
- p H: 3.73
This rich Sagrantino is intense, complex and persistent. With notes of blackberry jam, nutmeg, pepper, clover and balsamic. Temperature when served should be between 64-68 F.