25 Anni, Montefalco Sagrantino DOCG — 2018
25 Anni is the result of in-depth research and careful clonal selection of Sagrantino’s best grapes. This jubilee wine was produced for the first time in 1993 to celebrate the winery’s 25th anniversary. Since then, 25 Anni has kept its name as well as its unique character, power and elegance.
- Appellation: Montefalco Sagrantino DOCG
- Cultivation: 100% sustainable
- Size: 6 ha (14.83 acres)
- Soil: Limestone, clay
- Elevation: 370 meters (1,214 feet)
- Density: 5,500 vines/hectare (2,227 vines/acre)
- Training: Spurred cordon
- First Year of Production: 1993
The temperature during the Summer of the 2018 vintage was balanced, with a good mix of sunshine and rain that allowed the grapes to ripen slowly and ideally. The harvest was medium-late and the resulting wines were very well-balanced.
- Harvest Date(s): October
- Aging: 24 months in French oak barriques; 8 months in bottle
- Varietal Composition: 100% Sagrantino
- Alcohol: 15.5%
- TA: 5.4 g/L
- p H: 3.94
- RS: <1 g/L
- Optimum Drinking: 20-30 years
Surprising complexity from blackberry jam to rose potpourri, nutmeg to pepper, pine resin to mint, clove to cocoa. Soft and persuasive, intense, persistent finish. Fresh, with complex tannins.
25 Anni, Montefalco Sagrantino DOCG — 2018 – Wine Spectator – 93 Points
“Dense, full-bodied, with notes of cedar & pine on the nose winding through ripe crushed black cherry, plum & currant fruit. Fresh and tightly meshed, with appealing accents of red licorice, eucalyptus and graphite lingering on the firm finish.”