Altos Ibéricos Crianza, DOCa Rioja — 2018
In 2005, Altos Ibéricos was Familia Torres first endeavor in the Rioja region. This light, elegant and modern interpretation presents the essence of Tempranillo in all its beauty.
- Appellation: DOCa Rioja
- Harvest Date(s): During September and October
- Fermentation: In stainless steel tanks under controlled temperatures
- Maceration: 15 days
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in French and American oak, partially new
- Bottle Aging: 12 months
- Varietal Composition: 100% Tempranillo, predominately from Rioja Alavesa
- Alcohol: 14%
- TA: 5.1 g/L
- p H: 3.61
- RS: <0.5 g/L
Dark cherry red in color, very opaque. Intense and fragrant, with exquisite raspberry jam and spicy green peppercorn aromas, as well as a pleasant note reminiscent of toasted bread. Warm on the palate, with velvety, juicy tannins well rounded by oak aging.
- Serving Suggestions: Conceived as a perfect match for almost any kind of lamb, from roasted lamb to tender lamb chops, as well as pork recipes and Ibérico cured meats. Serve at 14–16°C (57-59°CF).