Bianco Infinito, Fior D’Arancio Colli Euganei DOCG — 2018
The infinity symbol represents the “infinite” amount of surprises this wine delivers throughout the years. The wine’s label is fashioned after the shape of a volcano, reminiscent of its volcanic origins. In fact, it is the volcanic soil that differentiates this wine from other muscats.
- Appellation: Veneto IGT
- Size: 2 hectares (4.94 acres)
- Vine Age: 8-16 years
- Soil: Trachyte-laden clay and white chalk
- Elevation: 50-250 meters (164-820 feet) above sea level
- Orientation: East to southeast
- Density: 4,000 vines/hectare (1,619 vines/acre)
- Training: Guyot
- Harvest Date(s): Early September; hand harvested
- Yields: 70 q.li/ha
- Fermentation: Cold maceration on the skins, depending on the origin of the grapes, from a few hours up to 3 days. Simple pressing and static sedimentation. Fermentation with autochthonous yeasts, 80% of the mass is aged in steel for 16 months, 20% in barriques.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Yellow Muscat (Moscato Giallo)
- Alcohol: 12%
- TA: 6.0 g/l
- p H: 3.38
- RS: 0.4 g/l
Straw yellow, stand outs for its aromatic personality and elegance. The bouquet presents floral notes of magnolia, orange blossom, fruity nose of peaches, yellow fruit, citrus fruit and aromatic herbs. Softness and richness on the palate thanks to a well-balanced acidity and a tasty closure that makes the final complex and pleasant at the same time. Elegant and very persistent, versatile in its pairing. Ideal for batter vegetables, soups based with pumpkin, legumes and mushrooms, risotto and first courses with peas, asparagus and with spontaneous herbs in general, together with white meat and fresh cheeses.