Bianco, Venice – 2014
- The Label: In Giovanni Moretti’s creation the label has been replaced by a precious sheet of gold fashioned by the modern day descendent of the ancient Battiloro family. The leaf was applied by hand and the bottle was then re-fired in the ovens on the island of Murano.
- Grape Source: 100% Dorona
- Size: 1 hectare (2.47 acres)
- Soil: Silty-sandy, rich in organic material and clay
- Exposure: East to west, flat and level
- Harvest Date(s): Second ten days of September
- Yields: 1,10 Kg (per plant)
- Fermentation: In glass
- Maceration: 22 days
- Aging: At least 12 months in glass
- Varietal Composition: 100% Dorona
- Alcohol: 13 %
The wine is golden in color and instantly spicy on the nose with iodine notes and nuances of fleshy yellow fruit. On the palate it is well-structured, full and velvety with dominant almond notes and traces of yellow peaches and honey. The finale is dry, savory, full and persistent. Venissa is a great collector’s white wine with a long life expectancy.