Bianco, Venice – 2016
- The Label: In Giovanni Moretti’s creation the label has been replaced by a precious sheet of gold fashioned by the modern day descendent of the ancient Battiloro family. The leaf was applied by hand and the bottle was then re-fired in the ovens on the island of Murano.
- Grape Source: 100% Dorona
- Location: Venice, island of Mazzorbo-Burano
- Size: 1 hectare (2.47 acres)
- Soil: Silty-sandy, rich in organic material and clay
- Exposure: East to west, flat and level
- Density: 4,000 (1,619 vines/acre)
- Harvest Date(s): First ten days of September
- Yields: 1.10 Kg (2.42 pounds)
- Fermentation: In steel tanks; 16°/17° C (60.8°/62.8° F)
- Maceration: 30 days
- Aging: 48 months in glass
- Varietal Composition: 100% Dorona
- Alcohol: 13.0% Volume
Gold in color, the nose exhibits aromas of yellow fruits, chamomile, hints of dried citrus peels. The palate is well-structured, filling and fresh with a velvety texture. Notes of honey, walnuts and licorice appears in its dry, savoury and persistent finish. Venissa is a great collector’s white wine with a long-life expectancy.