Bienvenues Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru — 2020
- Appellation: Bienvenues Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru, Burgundy
- Location: 1 parcel in Bienvenues Bâtard-Montrachet. 1ha 15a (2.84 acres) of the appellation.
- Cultivation: 100% biodynamic
- Size: 1.15 hectares (2.84 acres)
- Vine Age: Planted 1958 and 1959
- Soil: Calcareous clay
- Fermentation: Long, gentle pneumatic pressing, decanting over 24 hours, then racking and running into cask of the must.
- Barrel Fermentation: Alcoholic fermentation in oak casks, 25% new (maximum 1/2 Vosges, minimum 1/2 Allier)
- Aging: Aged 12 months in cask and 6 months in tank, then prepared for bottling
- Filtration: Homeopathic fining and very light filtering at bottling, if necessary
Bienvenues Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru — 2020 – Wine Spectator – 96 Points
“A generous style, showing notes of lime blossoms, citronella, apricot and baking spices matched to a solidly built structure. Ends with a mouthwatering aftertaste of citrus, mineral and spices.”