Brunello di Montalcino DOCG Vigna del Lago — 2018
- Grape Source: 100% Sangiovese Grosso only from the "Vigna del Lago" vineyard
- Appellation: Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
- Size: 18 ha (44 acres)
- Soil: Galestro soils (marl)
- Elevation: 70 meters (886 feet) above sea level
- Orientation: North - East to South - West
- Training: Spurred cordon
Fermentation is traditional, like it used to be done in Montalcino (with temperatures reaching 30°C (86°F) for several days, towards the end). 100% Malolactic fermentation.
- Aging: 24 months in 30 hectoliter Slavonian oak casks, 18 months in concrete tanks, followed by 6 months in bottle
- Varietal Composition: 100% Sangiovese
Reintroduced by Val di Suga after taking a “break” a few years, Vigna del Lago interprets the traditional inspiration of Brunello di Montalcino wines of the past in a new way, fashioning it with essential winemaking and long aging in large barrels. Already distinctive due to its generally paler color, it stands out
for its delicately classic bouquet of floral nuances, spicy overtones of white pepper, fruity notes of fresh cherries and hints of citrus (especially bitter orange, one of the most recurrent descriptors in Sangiovese from the northern sector of Montalcino). But above all, it is the elegant taste texture that recalls its territorial origin: an appealing impact, moderate alcohol level, supple palate, light and fine-grained tannins, to enhance the harmonious salty and mineral overtones.