Brunello di Montalcino DOCG Vigna Spuntali — 2018
- Grape Source: 100% Sangiovese Grosso "Vigna Spuntalli" vineyard
- Appellation: Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
- Size: 14 ha (35 acres)
- Soil: Galestro soils (marl)
- Elevation: 300 meters (984 feet) above sea level
- Orientation: On the southwestern slope
- Density: 5,050 vines/acre (7,143 vines/hectare)
- Training: Spurred cordon
Fermentation and maceration take place at a controlled temperature of 25˚–30˚C (77˚-80˚F) in concrete for 20 days. 100% malolactic fermentation.
- Aging: 6 months in 300 liter French oak casks, followed by 18 months in 25 hectoliter Slavonian oak barrels.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Sangiovese
It features an extrovert and joyful nature (neither one-dimensional nor lacking in nuances), with the unmistakable character of a Brunello di Montalcino from the southwestern sector. Very ripe fruit, sometimes candied, fine-cured spices, tobacco, roots, cocoa beans: Vigna Spuntali offers up an aromatic, almost luxuriant tone in the most classic vintages. This expressive identity is confirmed by the gentle creamy texture of the palate, linked to the dense structure, the generous alcoholic embrace and supple tannins. It is undoubtedly the most expansive of the Val di Suga crus, supported during long bottle maturation by rich fruity pulp and an abundant sapid skeleton texture.