Brut Rosé, North Coast – 2014
Schramsberg Brut Rosé is fruitful, complex and dry, making it both versatile with food and delicious by itself as an apéritif. The character of the wine is most strongly influenced by bright, flavorful Pinot Noir grown in Carneros, Anderson Valley, and the Sonoma and Marin coastal areas. A few small lots of Pinot Noir are fermented in contact with their skins to add depth and subtle color to this vibrant sparkling wine. Chardonnay gives spice, structure and length on the palate.
Hand picking, careful handling and gentle pressing produce a wine of delicacy, free of skin and seed tannin. Following the fall harvest and base winemaking period, an extensive process of blending trial and refinement is carried out in the spring. The finished blend is aged on the yeast in the bottle for about two years, just enough to achieve refined effervescence and toastiness without diminishing its refreshing, vibrant appeal.
- Appellation: North Coast
- County Composition: 39% Napa, 33% Sonoma, 16% Marin, 12% Mendocino
- Harvest Date(s): August 8 - September 9
- Barrel Fermentation: 43%
- Varietal Composition: 60% Pinot Noir, 40% Chardonnay
- Production (in cases): 8,480
- Production Case Pack: 12/750ml
- Alcohol: 12.9%
- TA: 0.84g/100ml
- p H: 3.10
- RS: 1.04g/100ml
The 2014 Brut Rosé has generous aromas of mixed strawberry, rose petal, and melon. Its fruitful nose is complemented by notes of raspberry and cranberry. On the palate, there are rich bursts of baked pear, and caramelized toffee. The wine has a fresh, juicy acidity which drives to a bright, vibrant finish.
– Winemakers Sean Thompson and Hugh Davies
- Serving Suggestions: Enjoy this rich, delicious sparkler on almost any occasion: at your favorite restaurant, a special dinner at home, at a beach picnic or a backyard barbecue. A very versatile wine; try it with sushi, salmon, rock shrimp, pizza, roast chicken, BBQ ribs, burgers, chocolate raspberry tarts and creamy cheeses with summer fruits.
Brut Rosé, North Coast – 2014 – 92 points – Editors’ Choice – Wine Enthusiast
“This subtle, restrained and elegant wine from a classic producer leads with nice doughy, toasty aromas. It fills the mouth with delicate bubbles and lingers on the finish, giving more toasty complexity and lasting fruit impressions.”