Chambertin “Clos De Bèze”— 2021
Since the 1930s, our family has owned the largest amount of land in this appellation. We own 3 parcels: “Grands Rangs”, “Clos de Bèze Haut” and “Vieilles Vignes”. Clos de Bèze is the most complex wine from our range and evolves beautifully over time to reveal its true potential.
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 1.29 ha
- Vine Age: Years planted: 1949, 1955, 1966, 1983
- Soil: Limestone-rich scree
- Orientation: East, South-East
- Fermentation: Partial whole cluster fermentation with daily punch downs for a 19 day vatting period
- Barrel Aging: 16-18 months in French oak barrels- 60% new oak
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: No fining
- Alcohol: 13.5%
Intense ruby-red hue and complex nose offering fruity and roasted notes. The palate is powerful, elegant, and distinctive with smooth yet direct tannins and a remarkably long and elegant finish.