Chambertin “Clos De Bèze”, “Les Ouvrées Rodin” — 2021
Coming from a “Vieilles Vignes” parcel (60 years old), “Les Ouvrées Rodin” is characterized by its elegant tannins and delicate structure.
Marthe Sirieys, Erwan Faiveley’s great-grandmother, had family links with art amateur Maurice Fenaille. In 1885, the latter became Auguste Rodin’s patron. In memory of the unique relationship with Auguste Rodin and as an hommage to the timeless works created by him, we named this new gem of the Côte de Nuits: “Les Ouvrées Rodin”
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 0.33 ha
- Vine Age: Year planted: 1966
- Soil: Limestone-rich scree
- Orientation: East, South-East
- Fermentation: Partial whole cluster fermentation with daily punch downs for a 19 day vatting period
- Barrel Aging: 16-18 months in French oak barrels- 60% new oak
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: No fining
- Varietal Composition: Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 13.5%
Deep ruby red hue with purplish glimmers. The complex nose offers a combination of fruit, spice, and floral notes. The lively palate displays exceptional tension, elegant tannins, a hint of white pepper, and menthol notes. Les Ouvrées Rodin is an intense, deep, smooth, elegant, and subtle wine and a perfect reflection of the character of its historical terroir.