Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru “La Combe D’orveau” — 2021
The “Les Amoureuses” parcel is situated just below the famous Musigny Grand Cru.
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Soil: Clay and gravel
- Exposure: East, South-East
- Fermentation: Partial whole cluster fermentation with daily punch downs for a 19 day vatting period
- Barrel Aging: 16 months in French oak barrels- 40-50% new oak
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: No fining
- Varietal Composition: Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 13.5%
Garnet red color with purple tints. The nose is particularly expressive and reveals complex aromas of ripe fruits (raspberry) and spices and roasted and smoky notes.
On the palate, this wine proves very fine and elegant with wild fruit aromas (blackberry), spices, and subtle oak. Its length is remarkable.