Chenin Blanc, Val de Loire IGP — 2020
Soil: Silty-clay terroir, consisting of sandstone grit and red flint on tuffeau (limestone)
Age of Vines: Planted in 2012
Pruning: Guyot Mixte pruning system
Cultivation: Covering the vine stock with soil in autumn, plowing-down in spring, tilling and allowing natural grass to grow between the rows; biodynamic practices include infusions and plant decoctions applied to the vineyards according to the lunar calendar.
- Cultivation: Demeter certified 100% Biodynamic
- Harvest Date(s): Manual in 12 kg boxes, sorting on the plot at optimal maturity from September 11 to 16
- Yields: 40 hectoliters/hectare (less than 2 tons/acre)
Whole cluster, slowly and gently pressed in a pneumatic press. Cold settling followed by long fermentation with native yeast in 5-year-old oak barrels from Burgundy.
Aging: Twelve months on fine lees in French oak, 5-year-old casks. Aged in ancient troglodyte cellars cut into the limestone hillside on the property and then 6 months in a stainless steel vat.
- Bottled: After a light filtration bottling took place on a “fruit” day on May 10, 2022
- Varietal Composition: 100% Chenin Blanc