Dili Moscato Giallo Veneto IGT, Natural Wine — 2020
- Appellation: Luvigliano Hills, Padua, Veneto
- Size: 3.5 hectares (8.65 acres)
- Vine Age: 8 - 18 years
- Soil: White chalk and trachyte-laden clay
- Elevation: 50 - 250 meters ( 164-820 feet) above sea level
- Orientation: South/East
- Density: 4,000 vines/hectare (1,600 vines/acre)
- Training: Guyot
- Harvest Date(s): Hand harvested the first 10 days of September
Destemming and cold maceration for about 3 days. Soft pressing and clarification by static decantation; spontaneous fermentation in steel tank. Wine left in contact with lees until spring. Enriched with must from same vintage, goes through its second fermentation in bottle. Not filtered nor clarified.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Certified Organic Yellow Muscat
- Alcohol: 12%
- TA: 5.9 g/l
- p H: 3.44
- RS: 1.8 g/l
This dry, semi sparkling wine goes through its second fermentation in bottle and is left in contact with the lees. Cloudy in appearance it is generally released after a couple of months for immediate enthusiastic quaffing. The color of the wine is an orange yellow tone. The juicy flavors of grapefruit lead to floral undertones with hints of exotic fruit and ginger. Freshness dominates the palate, vibrant acidity harmonized by a trademark mineral, even slightly saline character which give Dilì its tangy intensity.
- Serving Suggestions: Extremely versatile, pairs well with seafood antipasti, fried ocean fish and vegetable dishes. Ideal with soft cheeses, try it also with pancetta (bacon) or sarde in saor (marinated sardines).