Dili Moscato Giallo Veneto IGT, Natural Wine — 2021
- Appellation: Luvigliano Hills, Padua, Veneto
- Size: 3.5 hectares (8.65 acres)
- Vine Age: 9 - 19 years
- Soil: White chalk and trachyte-laden clay
- Elevation: 50 - 250 meters ( 164-820 feet) above sea level
- Orientation: South/East
- Density: 4,000 vines/hectare (1,600 vines/acre)
- Training: Guyot
- Harvest Date(s): Hand harvested the first 10 days of September
Destemming and cold maceration for about 3 days. Soft pressing and clarification by static decantation; spontaneous fermentation in steel tank. Wine left in contact with lees until spring. Enriched with must from same vintage, goes through its second fermentation in bottle. Not filtered nor clarified.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Certified Organic Yellow Muscat
- Alcohol: 12%
- TA: 5.0 g/l
- p H: 3.45
- RS: 2.1 g/l
Straw yellow color with golden highlights, thanks to the skin maceration of three days. The hazy effect is given by the presence of suspended yeasts, due to the fermentation in the bottle. Intense on the nose, it releases aromas of white flowers such as jasmine, and field yellow flowers, such as dandelion, broom, and orange blossom, and fruit aromas such as peach and pear. The presence of aromatic herbs such as sage, limoncello and mint, and a slight hint of white pepper make the bouquet of the wine complex and intriguing.
The palate showcases fresh minerality and a hint of salt, the aromas of fruit and aromatic herbs return in the wake of a persistence that closes with a bitter mineral almond finish, which is so inviting to drink.