Echézeaux En Orveaux — 2021
The first records of Echezeaux date back to the end of the 13th century. The monks from the abbey of Citeaux were aware of the outstanding quality of this terroir and its wines and had traded certain parcels in order to acquire land in Echezeaux. Our parcel lies in one of the appellation’s sub-climats: “En Orveaux” lies on a slope close to the Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru “La Combe d’Orveau”.
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 0.83 ha
- Vine Age: Years planted: 1950, 1956, 1985
- Soil: Shallow soils on a slope
- Exposure: South
- Fermentation: Partial whole cluster fermentation with daily punch downs for a 19 day vatting period
- Barrel Aging: 16-18 month in French oak barrels- 60% new oak
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: No fining
- Alcohol: 13.5%
Clear ruby hue and an enticing nose offering fruity and toasty notes. The palate is smooth and fruity with silky tannins and a long, lingering finish. This grand cru offers a firm, well-balanced structure and excellent aging potential.