Gevrey Chambertin 1er Cru “Lavaux Saint-Jacques” — 2021
This parcel is situated in the northern part of the village just before the valley. This climat’s name is derived from “La Val”, the term used in the Middle Ages to refer to a low point in the land, a topographic rift. Along with “Les Cazetiers” and “Clos Saint-Jacques”, this climat is considered to be one of the 3 best Premiers Crus in Gevrey. The Domaine purchased this parcel in late 2013.
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 0.99 ha
- Vine Age: Years planted: 1945, 1967, 1968, 1986, 1993
- Soil: Fossiliferous rock and clay soils
- Exposure: East, South-East
- Fermentation: Partial whole cluster fermentation with daily punch downs for a 19 day vatting period
- Barrel Aging: 16 months in French oak barrels- 40-50% new oak
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: No fining
- Varietal Composition: Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 13.5%
Deep ruby red color with an attractive nose offering intense aromas of small black fruits. A powerful, warm, and concentrated wine with exceptional aromatic intensity with elegant tannins, and a touch of leather that lingers on the finish.