Givry “Champ-Lalot” Rouge — 2021
In the heart of the Côte Chalonnaise, the commune of Givry is renowned for its red wines which are often compared to those of Mercurey.
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 3 hectares
- Vine Age: Year planted: 1975, 1979, 1983
- Soil: Limestone
- Orientation: South-East
- Fermentation: Partial whole-cluster fermentation for 15-19 days in stainless steel vats with twice daily punch downs
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in French oak barrels- 10% new oak
- Filtration: Light lenticular filtration
- Fining: No fining
- Alcohol: 13%
The delicate nose exudes spring-like aromas of fresh flowers. The palate is smooth and well-balanced with the same floral notes as the nose. This Givry combines fruit and freshness resulting in a delicate and elegant mouthfeel.