Latricières-Chambertin — 2021
This climat was called “Petite Merveille” (Little Wonder) in the Middle Ages, a sign of the high quality of the wines produced here. “Latricières-Chambertin” dates back to 1508 and is the most southern Grand Cru in Gevrey-Chambertin. This wine reveals an exceptional balance between minerality (reminiscent of Clos de la Roche) and depth (close in style to a Chambertin).
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 1.21 ha
- Vine Age: Years planted: 1958, 1984, 1989
- Soil: Shallow limestone-rich soils with a layer of silica
- Orientation: East
- Fermentation: Partial whole cluster fermentation with daily punch downs for a 19 day vatting period
- Barrel Aging: 16-18 months in French oak barrels- 60% new oak
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: No fining
- Varietal Composition: Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 13.5%
Intense ruby red hue and complex nose offering rich roasted notes and spice. The palate opens up with rich, silky tannins that give way to a powerful and complex structure.