Mâcon Verzé Le Monté – 2019
- Vineyards: Mâcon Verzé "Le Monté"
- Vineyard Owner: 1 parcel purchased by Domaine Leflaive in 2003 in the Mâcon-Verzé.
- Size: 0.90 hectares (2.23 acres)
- Soil: Calcareous clay rich in flint
Hand harvested, sorted and pressed in Mâcon, the wine is decanted over night and then brought back to Puligny for both fermentation and aging at the Domaine.
- Aging: Takes place in stainless steel tanks, during 16 months before homeopathic fining and very light filtering, if necessary.
Domaine Leflaive Mâcon Verzé Le Monté – 2019 – Burghound – 91 Points
Here too the nose is super-fresh and bright with its array of green apple and citrus rind scents. There is fine intensity to the plump but reasonably defined flavors that also exude a refreshing salinity on the balanced and dry finale.