Mâcon Verzé Le Monté – 2020
Located above the hamlet of Escolles, on the plateau overlooking the valley of Verzé, the place called “le monté” is composed of a gently sloping plot facing South-West.
- Vineyards: Mâcon Verzé "Le Monté"
- Vineyard Owner: 1 parcel purchased by Domaine Leflaive in 2003 in the Mâcon-Verzé.
- Size: 0.90 hectares (2.23 acres)
- Vine Age: 1964-1965
- Soil: Calcareous clay rich in flint
- Exposure: South-West
Hand harvested, sorted and pressed in Mâcon, the wine is decanted over night and then brought back to Puligny for both fermentation and aging at the Domaine.
- Fermentation: 87% in cement vats and 13% in new oak barrels.
- Aging: After 10 months of ageing on lees in fermentation containers, the wine is racked in stainless steel vats and aged on fine lees for 6 months.
- Filtration: Very light filtration