Mâcon Verzé Les Chênes – 2020
Located in the heart of the Verzé valley, the place called “les chênes” is composed of two plots facing South-West.
- Vineyards: Mâcon-Villages: “Les Chênes”
- Vineyard Owner: 2 parcels purchased by Domaine Leflaive in 2003.
- Size: 3.00 hectares (7.41 acres) planted in 1973 and 2002; 0.45 hectares (1.1 acre) -planted in 1935
- Soil: Shallow calcareous clay
- Exposure: South-West
Hand harvested, sorted and pressed in Mâcon, the wine is decanted overnight and then brought back to Puligny for both fermentation and aging at the Domaine.
- Fermentation: 55% in stainless steel vats, 42% in cement vats and 3% in new oak barrels.
- Aging: After 10 months of ageing on lees in fermentation containers, the wine is racked in stainless steel vats and aged on fine lees for 6 months.