Mercurey 1er Cru “Clos Des Myglands” (Monopole) — 2021
The name of this 1er cru, a monopole from Domaine Faiveley, most probably originates from the English “My Land”, the name given to this area by an English dignitary. This clos produces a powerful, direct, and well-balanced wine.
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 6.31 ha
- Vine Age: Years planted: 1963, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1982
- Soil: Clay–Limestone, small amount of pebbles and clay
- Exposure: South-East
- Fermentation: Partial whole cluster fermentation with twice daily pumpovers for a 15-19 day vatting period
- Barrel Aging: 15 months in French oak barrels- 30% new oak
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: No Fining
- Alcohol: 13.5%
The nose reveals notes of black and red fruits combined with subtle woody and smoky notes. The palate offers the same rich, fruity aromas as the nose. This full-bodied wine has a velvety tannic backbone which gives a sensation of warmth on the smooth finish.