Mercurey “Clos Rochette” (Monopole) — 2021
This parcel neighbors La Framboisière. The soils in Clos Rochette are very compact, hard to plough, and scattered with small rocks that give this climat its name. This parcel has been one of Domaine’s Monopoles since 1933.
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 5.45 ha
- Vine Age: Years planted: 1960, 1987, 1999, 2009, 2017
- Soil: Compact clay-limestone soils
- Exposure: South-East
- Fermentation: 4 week fermentation, with 55% in French oak barrels- 25% new oak
- Barrel Aging: 16 months in 55% French oak barrels- 25% new oak with regular stirring
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: Light natural fining
- Varietal Composition: Chardonnay
- Alcohol: 13%
This wine reveals exceptionally complex aromas and a fresh nose offering white flowers and spices. The lively attack gives way to a smooth, oily palate thanks to its oak aging. The flavors and aromas combine harmoniously resulting in a beautifully elegant wine.