Mercurey “La Framboisière” (Monopole) — 2021
La Framboisière has been one of the Domaine’s monopoles since 1933 and produces very distinctive wines: intense red fruit aromas and a pleasant minerality. Our Mercurey vat house is named after this iconic parcel.
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 10.61 ha
- Vine Age: Years planted: 1962, 1978, 1981
- Soil: Clay-limestone
- Exposure: South-East
- Fermentation: Partial whole cluster fermentation with twice daily pump overs for a 15-19 day vatting period
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in French oak barrels- 10% new oak
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: No Fining
- Varietal Composition: Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 13%
Our “vieilles vignes” (old vines) are over thirty years old and produce an exceptionally aromatic wine that offers a true reflection of its Mercurey terroirs.
The palate reveals a smooth, fruity attack and evolves towards notes of ripe red berries and a touch of vanilla. An intensely aromatic wine with a delicate structure and silky smooth tannins that will win over wine experts and amateurs alike