Mercurey Vieilles Vignes Rouge — 2021
This parcel neighbors La Framboisière. The soils in Clos Rochette are very compact, hard to plough, and scattered with small rocks that give this climat its name. This parcel has been one of Domaine’s Monopoles since 1933.
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 27.25 ha
- Vine Age: Years planted: 1962, 1978, 1981
- Soil: Clay-limestone
- Exposure: South-East
- Fermentation: Partial whole cluster fermentation with twice daily pumpovers for a 15-19 day vatting period
- Barrel Aging: 12 months in French oak barrels- 10% new oak
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: No Fining
- Varietal Composition: Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 13%
Our “vieilles vignes” (old vines) are over thirty years old and produce an exceptionally aromatic wine that offers a true reflection of its Mercurey terroirs.
The palate reveals a smooth, fruity attack and evolves towards notes of ripe red berries and a touch of vanilla. An intensely aromatic wine with a delicate structure and silky smooth tannins that will win over wine experts and amateurs alike.