Meursault 1er Cru “Charmes” — 2021
Meursault is the capital of fine white wines in Bourgogne.
This plot, on the border of Puligny-Montrachet, was once covered with hornbeam trees ‘charmes’. This is an exceptional terroir where Chardonnay expresses itself marvelously, giving some of the finest white wines in Côte de Beaune
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Soil: Silt, stony
- Exposure: South-East
- Fermentation: 4 week fermentation in French oak barrels- 40-50% new oak
- Barrel Aging: 17-18 months in French oak barrels- 40-50% new oak, with regular stirring
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: Light natural fining
- Varietal Composition: Chardonnay
- Alcohol: 13.5%
The nose is complex, showing delicate floral aromas mixed with a few woody notes. It has longlasting tastes on the palate and distinguishes itself with a very good balance between richness and acidity.