Molera Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG – 2016
The roots of the vines stretch out downwards into the clay-laden marine sandstone of the steep slopes of morainic hills dappled with patches of “molera“ a soft citrine rock. The stony soil with various depths allows the roots of the vines to penetrate deep into the ground as far as the bedrock. The grape harvest, rigorously carried out by hand on the steep slopes, the strenuous work, the passionate and continuous confrontation with the extreme terrain bestows the mantle of Heroic Agriculture on this wine.
- Elevation: 250 meters (820 feet)
- Exposure: South, East, West
- Training: Double Curtain
- Harvest Date(s): Early October
- Varietal Composition: 100% Glera
- Alcohol: 11.5%
- TA: 5.7g/L
- RS: 15g/L
Color – Straw yellow with slightly green highlights
Perlage – Fine and persistent
Bouquet – Delicate, full with nuances of wild fl owers
Flavor – Soft and elegant with balanced sapidity
- Serving Suggestions: Serve at a temperature of 8 C (46 F) in a crystal goblet. Distinguished by its delicate minerality this wine is ideal with seafood and vegetable based first courses as well as “spicy cuisine” and is perfect as an aperitif.