Montagny — 2021
Montagny is the most southern of the Côte Chalonnaise villages and lies at the border of the Mâconnais. The chardonnay vines thrive in this rugged terrain. The vines face east/south-east and are planted on slopes that reach as high as 400 meters above sea level.
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 4.9 ha
- Vine Age: Years planted: 1982, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2011
- Soil: Marls
- Exposure: East
- Fermentation: 4 week fermentation in French oak barrels- no new oak
- Barrel Aging: 16 months in French oak barrels- no new oak, with regular stirring
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: Light natural fining
- Varietal Composition: Chardonnay
- Alcohol: 12.5%
Pale yellow in color with golden glimmers. The nose reveals fresh, floral notes combined with delicate aromas of dried fruits. The palate is smooth with good volume and a lively finish. Its rich yet fresh structure gives it exceptional balance and aromatic complexity.