Montefalco Rosso DOC Riserva – 2018
Embodies the bolder spirit of its little brother Montefalco Rosso, with a similar composition of Sangiovese, Sagrantino and Merlot. The special vineyard sites and location for this wine rival textural and body characteristics of even the best Brunello di Montalcino.
- Appellation: Montefalco DOC
- Cultivation: 100% sustainable with the New Green Protocol + Equalitas certification
- Vine Age: 25 years
- Soil: Limestone, clay
- Elevation: 250 meters (820 feet)
- Density: 5,500 vines/hectare (2,227 vines/acre)
- Training: Spurred cordon
- First Year of Production: 1993
Summer was well balanced in temperature average. A good alternation of sunshine and rain guaranteed a slow but ideal ripening of the grapes. Medium-late harvest and very well-balanced wines.
- Harvest Date(s): October
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barriques; minimum 6 months aging in bottle
- Varietal Composition: 70% Sangiovese, 15% Sagrantino, 15% Merlot
- Alcohol: 15%
- TA: 5.5 g/L
- p H: 3.69
- RS: <1 g/L
Wild cherries preserved in spirit, chocolate, violets, vanilla and exotic spices. Full bodied and round, perfectly balanced with vibrant, velvety tannins.