Moscato Giallo, Fior D’Arancio Colli Euganei DOCG Spumante — 2019
Fior D’Arancio, or “orange blossom,” received its name from the citrus-scented flower of an orange. The wine’s label is fashioned after the shape of a volcano, reminiscent of its volcanic origins. In fact, it is the volcanic soil that differentiates Fior D’Arancio from other muscats.
- Appellation: Colli Euganei DOCG
- Size: 8 hectares (19.8 acres)
- Soil: Trachyte-ladden clay and white chalk
- Elevation: 250 meters (820 feet) above sea level
- Orientation: East/Southeast
- Density: 4,000 vines/hectare (1,619 vines/acre)
- Harvest Date(s): First ten days of September; hand harvested
- Yields: 90 q.li/ha
- Fermentation: Destemming and soft pressing, static settling, cold must aging in steel tanks for 24 months, sparkling process carried out directly on the must to preserve the varietal aromas without the addition of sugars, filtering and bottling (Charmont/Martinoti method)
- Aging: 24 months in stainless steel
- Bottle Aging: 3 months in bottle
- Varietal Composition: 100% Yellow Muscat (Moscato Giallo)
- Alcohol: 6%
- TA: 6.2 g/l
- p H: 3.35
- RS: 111 g/l
On perusal the full golden color presents nuances of green, which is made even more brilliant by the elegant, fine and persistent perlage. The intense aroma releases floral notes of magnolia, jasmine, white roses and acacia as well as fruity notes of lemons, tangerines and white peaches which tantalize the nose. On the palate it is at once creamy, soft, well-balanced with a pleasant freshness and fullness of flavor. Well-structured with an enduring finale as wave after wave of white balsamic notes contribute to making it complex, rich and persistent.
- Serving Suggestions: A perfect wine for the aperitif paired with appetizers or after the meal with desserts, fruit tarts and light pastries.