Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru “Aux Chaignots” — 2021
Situated on the northern Nuits-Saint-Georges hillside, halfway up the slope, this climat produces wines characterized by their delicate and elegant aromas. The name “Aux Chaignots” suggests the presence of an old oak forest known as a “chasne” in ancient French.
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 0.73 ha
- Vine Age: Years planted: 1927, 1965
- Soil: Brown limestone and gravel
- Exposure: East
- Fermentation: Partial whole cluster fermentation with daily punch downs for a 19 day vatting period
- Barrel Aging: 16 months in French oak barrels- 40-50% new oak
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: No Fining
- Varietal Composition: Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 13.5%
Dark ruby red in color with red fruit aromas and roasted, smoky notes on the nose. The palate is rich and oily with good structure and a perfect balance between finesse and strength. The silky tannins give this wine a harmonious mouth-feel.