Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru “Les Damodes” — 2021
The term “Les Damodes” makes reference to the Druidesses who previously inhabited the area. These vines are planted at high altitudes, bordering Vosne-Romanée, and produce a mineral wine with very delicate tannins. A smooth and very feminine wine!
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 0.81 ha
- Vine Age: Years planted: 1950, 1983, 1989
- Soil: Shallow hard limestone, marls
- Exposure: East
- Fermentation: Partial whole cluster fermentation with daily punch downs for a 19 day vatting period
- Barrel Aging: 16 months in French oak barrels- 40-50% new oak
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: No Fining
- Varietal Composition: Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 13.5%
Deep ruby red hue. The expressive nose opens up with black fruits, spice, and subtle toasted notes. The attack is elegant and refined and the palate is characterized by floral notes and a touch of mocha.