Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru “Les Porêts Saint-George” — 2021
The origins of the appellation’s name are not entirely clear. It could be an ancient word for “poiriers” (meaning pear tree). It is situated in the South of the village in the “Les Porêts” climate and its rustic style is similar to that of the “Les Saint-Georges”. In 1855 this area was stated by Dr. Lavalle to be one of the very best in Nuits. The family is very attached to these vines as they were
the very first to be purchased by the Domaine in the 1830s.
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 1.69 ha
- Vine Age: Years planted: 1945, 1954, 2005, 2011
- Soil: Shallow hard limestone, marls
- Fermentation: Partial whole cluster fermentation with daily punch downs for a 19 day vatting period
- Barrel Aging: 16 months in French oak barrels- 40-50% new oak
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: No Fining
- Varietal Composition: Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 13%
Deep ruby red color. The nose discloses black fruits, toasty notes, and a hint of oak. The smooth, round attack gives way to a powerful and structured mid-palate. A well-balanced and very persistent wine with excellent aging potential.