Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru “Les Saint Georges” — 2021
“Les Saint-Georges” is considered to be one of the oldest climats in Bourgogne and was planted in the year 1000. It is also thought to be the very best Cru in Nuits-Saint-Georges. Our Domaine is the appellation’s smallest producer and, for the last 10 years, we have been working towards being reclassified as a Grand Cru.
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 0.23 ha
- Vine Age: Years planted: 1933, 1974
- Soil: Deep brown limestone and pebbles
- Exposure: East
- Fermentation: Partial whole cluster fermentation with daily punch downs for a 19 day vatting period
- Barrel Aging: 16 months in French oak barrels- 40-50% new oak
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: No fining
- Alcohol: 13.5%
Deep ruby red hue. Powerful nose disclosing ripe fruits and warm spicy notes. A smooth, clean attack gives way to a well-balanced palate with rich, smooth tannins. This wine’s harmonious structure and elegance perfectly represent this Premier Cru.