Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Montroziers — 2021
This name pays tribute to the Faiveley family’s ancestors who were, in the early 20th century, industrial leaders and statesmen. Amongst them was Maurice Colrat de Montrozier, great uncle and witness to the marriage of Guy Faiveley (5th generation) and Yvonne Faiveley in June of 1945- an occasion that marked the coming together of two very different industries: wine and rail.
- Viticulture: Currently undergoing Organic Conversion
- Size: 4.84 ha
- Vine Age: Years planted: 1928, 1955, 1965, 1968, 1972, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1986, 1999, 2012
- Soil: Clay-limestone
- Exposure: East
- Fermentation: Partial whole cluster fermentation with daily punch downs for a 19 day vatting period
- Barrel Aging: 14 months in French oak barrels- 20-30% new oak, with an additional 2 months in stainless steel vats
- Filtration: Light filtration using the lenticular module process
- Fining: No Fining
- Varietal Composition: Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 13%
Intense garnet red hue and aromas of fruit, oak, and spice on the nose. The palate reveals a smooth, rich attack, velvety tannins, and good balance. A delicate, seductive, and very elegant wine.