Pouilly Fuissé La Chaneau – 2019
- Vineyards: Pouilly-Fuissé; La Chaneau
- Size: 1 parcel 0.276 hectares (0.68 acres)
- Vine Age: Planted in 1980 and 1995
- Soil: Calcareous clay rich in iron. Very steep slope at the foothill of the Roche de Solutre.
- Exposure: Eastern
Hand harvested, sorted and pressed in Mâcon, the wine is decanted over night and then brought back to Puligny for both fermentation and aging at the Domaine.
- Aging: 12 months in oak (20% new), then 6 months in stainless steel vat before bottling.
Domaine Leflaive Pouilly Fuissé La Chaneau – 2019 – Decanter – 93 Points
Highlights the lemon peel and pomelo fruit of great purity with delightful salty, mineral notes. The wine is crisp and fine on the palate.
Domaine Leflaive Pouilly Fuissé La Chaneau – 2019 – Bughound – 93 Points
Mild reduction blurs the nuance of what appears to be ripe white orchard aromas. There is both excellent volume and salinity to the attractively textured medium-bodied flavors that terminate in a bracingly dry, complex and well-balanced finale.