Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Combettes – 2017
- Appellation: Burgundy
- Location: 1 parcel in Puligny-Montrachet
- Cultivation: 100% biodynamic
- Size: 0.73 hectare (1.8 acres)
- Vine Age: Planted 1963, 1972
- Soil: Calcareous clay
- Fermentation: Long, gentle pneumatic pressing, “débourbage,” or “settling of the juice,” over 24 hours; then racking and running the must into cask
- Barrel Fermentation: Alcoholic fermentation in oak casks, 22% new (maximum 1/2 Vosges, minimum 1/2 allier)
- Aging: Matured 12 months in cask, aged 6 months in tank, then prepared for bottling
- Filtration: Homeopathic fining and very light filtering at bottling, if necessary
Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Combettes – 2017 – Vinous – 95 Points
Plenty of fruit concentration. The palate is slightly tropical on the entry, but very pure, with a fine bead of acidity. Fresh and quite saline, there is a lot of extract and intensity. Pushing Grand Cru in quality.
Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Combettes – 2017 – Wine Spectator – 94 Points
Tangy and full of floral, creamy peach and hazelnut flavors, shaded by vanilla and toasty oak notes. Racy and mouthwatering on the bracing finish, with alluring aromas and subtle length. Drink now through 2028. 600 cases made, 85 cases imported.