Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles – 2018
- Appellation: Burgundy
- Location: 3 parcels in Puligny-Montrachet of Les Pucelles
- Cultivation: 100% biodynamic
- Size: Total of 3.06 hectares (7.56 acres); le clos du meix: 26 ouvrées (2.77 acres), planted in 1981 and 1985; la grande: 29.5 ouvrées (3.12 acres), planted in 1954, 1957, 1958, 1961 and 1963; la petite: 8.5 ouvrées (0.91 acre), planted in 1969
- Soil: Calcareous clay
- Barrel Fermentation: Long, gentle pneumatic pressing, decanting over 24 hours, then racking and running into cask of the must. Alcoholic fermentation in oak casks, 25% new (maxi 1/2 Vosges, mini 1/2 Allier).
- Aging: Matured 12 months in cask, then aged 6 months in tank and prepared for bottling
- Filtration: Homeopathic fining and very light filtering at bottling, if necessary
Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles — 2018 – The Wine Advocate – 94 Points
The 2018 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles has also turned out very well, unwinding in the glass with aromas of fresh bread, pear, citrus oil, anise, yellow apple and toasted nuts. Medium to full-bodied, satiny and nicely concentrated, it's deep and seamless, with an elegant, charming profile. Could this evolve like a modern-day version of the domaine's stunningly good 1982?
Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles – 2018 – Vinous – 93-95 Points
The 2018 Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 1er Cru was one cuvée that was showing a little more reduction when I tasted the barrel sample. Skipping the aromatics, the palate is very well balanced with notes of orange peel and white peach, and a little more lime toward the finish compared to Les Combettes. Good length on the aftertaste and a little more viscosity. Very fine. Drink 2022 - 2040.