Rosso di Montalcino DOC – 2019
- Appellation: Rosso di Montalcino DOC
- Size: 7 ha (17 acres)
- Vine Age: 10 years
- Soil: Sandy soils
- Orientation: Vineyards are located on the northern, southeastern, and southwestern slopes of Montalcino
- Density: 5,000 vines/acre (7,093 vines/hectare)
- Training: Guyot and spurred cordon
Budding took place at the usual time in the spring, with average temperatures in March, April and May. The seasonal trend during these months led to a vegetative slowing down of about two weeks. There was no significant rainfall in June and July. Thanks to the accumulated water reserves and temperatures that never reached excessively high peaks, the foliage remained more or less intact and efficient. All this allowed the slow and even ripening of the grapes, ideal for obtaining perfect phenolic and technological maturity. As well as delaying the harvest, rain during the first week of September also allowed the containment of the alcohol content of the grapes. The wines produced are characterized by elegance and finesse, with balanced tannins, clearly defined bouquets and distinct primary aromas.
- Aging: 6 months in Slavonian oak followed by 3 months in bottle
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- TA: 5.1 g/L
- p H: 3.41
This vintage showcases a lively nose and exhibits notes of red berry fruits, cherries, and redcurrants, with slightly spicy overtones. The mouth is full and plush, with silky tannins and a juicy finish.