Rosso di Montalcino DOCG Vigna Spuntali — 2021
- Vineyards: Vigna Spuntali
- Vine Age: 30 years
- Soil: Pietra Forte (Sandstone)
- Elevation: Southwestern Slope
- Aging: In 40-HL Slavonian Oak Barrels for 6 months. Followed by 12 months in concrete vats.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Sangiovese
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- TA: 6 g/L
- p H: 3.25
This complex Rosso di Montalcino illustrates the generosity of the southern slope of the appellation, from which the grapes are carefully selected, with the grace of the wine type and the freshness of a Sangiovese whose wood ageing is shorter than for Brunello di Montalcino.
Floral, with notes of red fruit, especially cherries and licorice, blood oranges. Lingering and succulent, it is sapid and tannic, with a crisp finish.