Varietat Recuperada No. 32, Pirene — 2019
- Appellation: Sant Miquel de Tremp
- Composition: 100% Pirene
Overall 2019 was a rainy year. Most of the rainfall was concentrated over the vegetative cycle, whereas the ripening period saw normal levels of precipitation. As for temperatures, they fell within normal range.
- Harvest Date(s): From October 15
- Fermentation: Alcoholic fermentation for 10 days in stainless steel tanks and 100% malolactic fermentation in barrels
- Aging: 6 months aging in second year barrels
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- TA: 5.8 g/L
- p H: 3.44
- RS: 0.6 g/L
- Optimum Drinking: 10 years aging potential
A deeply pigmented red variety with high tannin levels, lots of red fruit, and a spicy, mineral nuance. The elegant palate reveals surprising texture and finesse, full of flavorful yet fresh fruit.