Vigna Flaminia Maremmana — 2019
The name originates from vineyards along an ancient diverticulum of Via Flaminia – Roman route – which from the Umbrian countryside goes through Maremma.
- Appellation: Montefalco Rosso DOC
- Cultivation: 100% sustainable
- Size: 5 hectares (12.35 acres)
- Vine Age: 25 years
- Soil: Limestone, clay
- Elevation: 820 feet
- Density: 5,500 vines/hectare (2,227 vines/acre)
- Training: Spurred cordon
Summer was well balanced in temperature average. Standard temperature conditions and brief storms ensure an excellent ripening of the grapes, delivering particularly interesting wines.
- Harvest Date(s): Sangiovese: End of September; Sagrantino: First week of October
- Fermentation: 15 days in stainless-steel; indigenous yeast; 100% malolactic fermentation
- Aging: 14 months in French oak barriques; minimum 6 months aging in bottle
- Varietal Composition: 70% Sangiovese, 15% Sagrantino, 15% Canaiolo
- Alcohol: 15%
- TA: 5.39
- p H: 3.87
Marasca cherry, wild flowers, pepper and nutmeg. The refined tannins create a supple, elegant body.